International Student Programs
These programs help to provide our students with a global perspective on education.
High School Graduate Program
- A long term program of more that 1 year allowing students to graduate from Wirreanda with their South Australian Certificate of Education
High School Study Abroad Program
- A short term program of up to 1 year for students wanting a cultural experience in a high school in metropolitan Adelaide
For more information about studying abroad in South Australia, please contact:
International Education Services
Department for Education
PO Box 1152, Adelaide SA 5001 | GFW, 31 Flinders Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Telephone: +618 8226 3402 Fax: +618 8226 3655
Under 10 week program
- A short term program of up to 9 weeks for students travelling on a tourist visa wanting a cultural experience in a government high school in metropolitan Adelaide.
- Usually between 1 and 6 weeks, for groups of international students and their teachers. Study Tour itineraries can be customised according to the needs of the group and will usually include English lessons, integration with local students in classes, homestay accommodation, and tourism excursions.
- Wirreanda Secondary School hosts an annual Study Tour for students and staff from Koishikawa Secondary Education School in Tokyo Japan.
- Wirreanda students act as “buddies” for the visiting students and accompany them on all excursions and spend each day with these students while they are at our school.
- Our experienced home-stay families welcome our visiting students into their families.
- The cultural and recreational part of the Study Tour Program features a trip to a wildlife park which includes feeding and cuddling a koala, a full day visit to the Adelaide Central Business District and a visit to historical sites including Victor Harbor.
Wirreanda Secondary School manages its own home-stay program for Study Tour Programs and assists with home-stay accommodation for the High School Graduate Program and the High School Study Abroad Programs.
Home-stay families are carefully screened, fully police checked, and selected by our International Student Programs Manager to ensure that we provide a high quality of care and safety.
Department for Education T/A South Australian Government Schools CRICOS Provider Number 00018A